How to Help Vernon’s Businesses, Safely:
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve around the world. Yet, amidst a world-wide pandemic, Vernon’s business community is full of kindness and creative solutions. Business owners are stepping up in the hopes of serving our community and saving their business. Everything from free food for seniors to remarkably creative online business models, Vernon is showing grit and a deep sense of community during this difficult time. Ordering takeout and finding creative ways to shop local have never been so important to the health of Vernon’s economy.
Your Favorites are Available for Take Out:
Your favorite lunch and Friday treats are still available in Vernon! The <Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce> has a full list of businesses open at this time. (Click HERE to view that list).
In the meantime, here are a few of Tourism Vernon’s favorites for curb-side, no-contact service OR delivery:
- The Fig Bistro : delivering free food for seniors, take-out and a whole lot of heart on their Instagram Channel
- Ratio Coffee & Pastry: offering curbside delivery of their infamous pizza and doughnuts
Shopping Local, Safely:
Vernon retailers are getting creative and have fun, safe options for purchasing their products while also allowing for social distancing.
- Simply Baskets Home & Gift Harris Flower Shop offers unmanned flower stands on Saturdays
- Olive Us Olive Oil & Vinegar Tasting Room is offering curbside delivery
- Vernon Teach & Learn ensuring is offering curbside delivery and growing their online shop
- Butcher Boys Food Store has stepped up its staffing and stocking efforts to ensure our locals have everything they need
It’s never been more important to shop local, and these local shops are helping you do it safely. Be sure to check out The Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce’s Support Local of local businesses ready to serve you during these difficult times.